Using Big Data to Reinvent Healthcare
Today’s health care system is challenged in managing data and costs. From the rise of an aging population to the increase of fraud, waste and abuse, health care organizations are challenged to efficiently maximize their resources on legitimate patients who need care. New health care legislation brings challenges and opportunities for health care organizations and their patients. With health care costs projected to spiral into the trillions of dollars in the next few years, many organizations are applying the advances in IT, mobile and other forms of technology to the problem of containing costs and finding new and innovative ways to care for patients. At the forefront of this trend is the use of big data services, an opportunity which McKinsey estimates could approach $300 billion annually.
Join GigaOM Pro and HPCC Systems from LexisNexis for “Using Big Data to Reinvent Healthcare”, a free analyst roundtable webinar at on Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 at 10 AM PST.
What You Will Learn
- How big data analytics are being applied today to better utilize resources in healthcare
- How big data services are being used to provide better care today through early detection, better understanding of risks and utilization of rapidly expanding data sets in medical care and bioinformatics
- Real world examples and lessons from case studies of medical providers utilizing big data to result in better and more efficient healthcare
- Where the opportunities lie for entrepreneurs and existing providers to utilize big data in healthcare
- How to spot collusion rings in big data to detect fraud, waste and abuse and see hidden patterns and relationships
Who Should Attend
- Healthcare executives and practitioners
- VPs and senior functional management (sales, marketing, finance, engineering, HR)
- CIOs, CTOs, IT decision makers
- Data Scientists and Data Analysts
- Database managers