The state of Cloud APIs: Myths vs. Reality
With no single cloud standard in sight, developers and IT pros need to think carefully about how to maintain control and compatibility with current and future cloud services. Betting on one of a multitude of working groups attempting to pin down a standard API for cloud services seems risky as most are at the draft stage and vendor support is limited. What are early adopters doing to future proof their applications in the cloud and what are the lessons for developers just starting now? This webinar will dig into the strengths and weaknesses of today’s APIs and what the future holds for a single standard.
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor Eucalyptus for “The state of Cloud APIs: Myths vs. Reality” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Thursday, June 14th, 2012 at 10 a.m. PT.
What Will Be Discussed
- What is the state and direction of cloud APIs today?
- What does a lack of cloud standards mean for adoption and support of IaaS?
- Where and how are applications developed today and what role does the cloud API play?
- Does the API matter to old applications that are moved to the cloud?
- What are some best practices for hybrid cloud applications that run on premise and in the public cloud?
- What are some third party tools and open source options?
Who Should Attend
- Cloud architects/admins/developers
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists
- Cloud platform providers
- Service provider executives
- Enterprise software and technology vendors