Big data and analytics: the impact on CMOs in a socially-connected world
In today’s connected world, consumers have increasing power to make and break companies through their social media interaction. That’s a major challenge for chief marketing officers (CMO), but certainly not the only one they face. With a flood of big data, an expanded number of channels and devices, and a shift in consumer demographics, how do CMOs keep their enterprises competitive? Predictive analytics is part of the answer, but the larger solution lies in doing a deep dive into customer data, moving beyond an understanding of markets to an understanding of individuals. That’s a pretty tall order, and a complex one. Filling it requires collaboration between the CMO’s vision for big data analytics and the CIO’s technical know-how.
For an engaging discussion about these challenges and opportunities, join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor IBM for “Big data and analytics: the impact on CMOs in a socially-connected world” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Tuesday, December 4, 2012, at 10 a.m. PT.
Questions we’ll answer
- How can synergy between CMOs and CIOs result in improved customer intimacy – identifying the differences between what customers say and what they do?
- How can data analytics improve both customer acquisition and retention?
- Is outsourcing analytic functions to marketing service providers a sustainable model for the future? Are in-house big data analytics capabilities an alternative?
- What skill sets should CMOs be thinking of hiring? What should the profile of a big data marketer look like?
- How can CMOs use big data analysis to shape which products and services a client offers – and over which channel and when?
Who should attend
- C-level executives (particularly CMOs and CIOs)
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Marketing strategists
- IT decision makers
- VP/Director of Multi-channel Analytics, Digital Marketing, Web Analytics