Transforming healthcare with big data: Premier healthcare alliance
Doing a deep dive into customer data – analyzing and mining the vast stores of information now available to many enterprises – can yield profitable results that provide an enterprise with a strategic advantage over its competitors. It can also improve response time and overall efficiency. This is particularly true in healthcare where analyzing patient discharges, real-time clinical transactions, and purchasing data can provide insights that improve patient care and reduce costs. The challenge is aggregating the data from multiple sources, analyzing it, and then getting the results into the right hands – quickly.
The Premier healthcare alliance’s goal is to improve the health of all communities through their people, data and their ability to connect healthcare organizations across the United States. The stats are impressive:
- Premier healthcare alliance currently connects 2,700 hospitals and 90,000 health providers through its database.
- Premier healthcare alliance manages the data for 1 in every 4 discharges nationwide with 2.5 million real-time clinical transactions daily
- Premier healthcare alliance also manages nearly $43 billion in annual purchasing data
For a discussion of big data’s potential and challenges join GigaOM Research and our sponsor IBM for “Transforming healthcare with big data: Premier healthcare alliance,“ a free analyst webinar. This webinar was originally recorded on March 26, 2013 and is available now for instant replay.
What Will Be Discussed
- Specific ways aggregating and analyzing data can provide efficiencies and reduce costs
- How does the term “platform” apply to aggregating and analyzing big data from multiple sources?
- What criteria can an enterprise in other verticals use to determine whether its data is suitable for use as a platform?
- Ideas to reduce the cost of moving data and get faster results
Who should attend
- C-level executives
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Cloud platform providers
- Healthcare Service Providers
Originally recorded live on March 26, 2013
register to view on-demand