Considerations for Hadoop in the Cloud
Interest in using Hadoop to process large data sets is growing fast. Enterprises are moving from proof of concepts to positioning Hadoop as a strategic platform and with that comes a set of questions on how to harden it for mission critical applications. Some companies are using Hadoop services in the cloud as a business continuity and data protection target for internal Hadoop clusters; while others start with data that’s already in the cloud and perform analysis on it there.
The choice of service providers is growing fast with Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Rackspace, GoGrid and many others all now offering Hadoop in the cloud. It’s fairly easy to get started, but if you’re not familiar with Hadoop technologies, there are plenty of gotchas. With that in mind, this webinar will dig into the drivers for Hadoop in the cloud as well as the benefits and potential pitfalls to watch out for when deploying Hadoop workloads in the cloud.
What Will Be Discussed
- What are the use cases for Hadoop in the cloud?
- Are all Hadoop cloud services created equal?
- What are the challenges of deploying Hadoop in the cloud today?
- Future trends around big data and Hadoop in the cloud
Who Should Attend
- Data managers/developers
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Cloud platform providers
- Service provider executives
- Enterprise software and technology vendors