Plan for failure: how to avert disaster with a cloud strategy
As AWS and Netflix learned this past Christmas Eve, outages happen. The question isn’t how to avoid outages, but rather how to recover quickly and effectively when they occur.
One approach is to develop a multi-cloud strategy – utilizing either different providers or multiple regions from the same provider – to build in safeguards against anything from a natural disaster to the workman in the street who accidentally chops into a cable. But multi-cloud strategies carry their own challenges. Besides coping with architecture and resource allocation, businesses that leverage more than one cloud provider are faced with forecasting cloud costs that have suddenly become even more complex and managing a high availability architecture across multiple clouds.
For an in-depth discussion around this issue, join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor RightScale for “Plan for failure: how to avert disaster with a cloud strategy,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 10 a.m. PT.
Related topics we’ll discuss
- How to translate an old IT budget into accurate costs for the new world of cloud
- Is outage-proofing possible?
- Using a global hybrid approach to cope with regional compliance regulations
- Managing multiple private and public clouds from a single dashboard
Who should attend
- Data managers/developers
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists and decision makers
- Cloud platform providers