Scaling the traditional database: the NewSQL Opportunity
The data community sometimes appears obsessed with overthrowing decades of practice, casting relational database solutions aside in favor of newer NoSQL offerings such as Neo4J, Hbase and CouchDB. NoSQL tools are undeniably powerful, and they are being used to great effect in deriving insight from massive streams of data. But relational database technologies still have a valid role to play, and NewSQL products are coming to market that marry the familiarity of relational database querying – SQL – with the scalability and performance of NoSQL.
Join GigaOM Pro and our sponsor VMware for “Scaling the traditional database: the NewSQL Opportunity,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday July 18, 2012 at 10 a.m., PST.
What Will Be Discussed
- SQL, NoSQL, NewSQL – what are the differences, and which of those differences actually matter?
- The potential for in-memory data processing
- What problems can in-memory solutions solve, and who’s benefiting today?
- What are the implications of integrating in-memory solutions into current workflows?
Who Should Attend
- Data managers/developers
- IT decision makers
- Business strategists and decision makers