Webinar: Biggest Opportunities in the Smart Grid
Wednesday, October 7, 2009 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
With recent calls for power grid 2.0 and an influx of stimulus dollars, the smart grid is fast becoming a reality. From long-time players such as GE, IBM, and Silver Spring Networks to more recent converts such as Cisco Systems, companies across Silicon Valley and beyond are turning their attention to opportunities within this rapidly evolving sector.
If you want to be part of a conversation about what the biggest smart grid–related opportunities will be in the coming years, please join GigaOM Pro for our next Research Roundtable webinar. This roundtable, exclusive to GigaOM Pro research service subscribers, will feature Clint Wheelock, managing director for Pike Research, and Katie Fehrenbacher, editor of Earth2Tech. Celeste LeCompte, GigaOM Pro editor, will moderate a roundtable discussion and take questions from the audience.
What will you learn?
- What areas within the smart grid are attracting the biggest investment from both the private and government sectors.
- How companies in the IT and technology space can leverage their expertise for success in the smart grid arena.
- Which technology standards will prevail in the smart grid market.
- Who the biggest players in smart grid networking will be.
- Why software will be a growing opportunity in the smart grid market.
Who should attend?
- Venture capitalists and investors in smart grid technology
- Web entrepreneurs looking for ways to build their business within the smart grid
- Software developers
- Technology hardware and connectivity vendors
- Telecommunications carrier executives
- Utility company executives